With Summer 2018 fast approaching, it is time to think about getting bikini ready and impressing clients with your beautiful body.
#MVBabe Shannon Lawson, a Cape Town-relocated model has a body to die for and was even announced as GQ’s Instagram favourite, with her motivational feed inspiring over 92.4K followers every day!
Continue reading to find out what is Shannon’s workout routine, her social media secrets and what advice she recommends to help motivate your next workout session!
View this post on Instagram
Mellow in yellow ✨ @kopperandzinkswim . . . . . . . . . #paraiso #paraisoffashionfair #cabana #swimweek #swimweekmiami #nextmodelsmiami #swimsuit #bikini #bikinigirl #mixedgirl #whotelmiami #siswimsearch
A bit about Shannon
HOW OLD ARE YOU?
WHERE IS YOUR HOMETOWN?
Bondi, Sydney, Australia
WHO IS YOUR MOTHER AGENCY?
MV ASKS: WHEN DID YOU FIRST GET SCOUTED?
I thought I was going to be a dancer when I was 18 and found a Facebook event nearby scouting girls for a runway show. I never did runway before but loved being on stage and had a background with choreography so I went for it. I booked the show and got scouted that day.
MV ASKS: WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR FAVOURITE MODELLING JOB SO FAR?
Travelling to Valencia in Spain for an ASICS sports job was definitely one of my favourite modelling jobs so far!
The campaign was an intense 4 days of running for 12-14 hours each day! However, the hard work definitely paid off and it was a big laugh and I had the chance to met the most incredible models and work with the best team members.
MV ASKS: WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 WORKOUT TIPS FOR FASHION MODELS?
1. Buy seriously fun/sexy workout gear. I find a new set of leggings always have me running to the gym. Who doesn’t love feeling sexy in new workout gear!?
2. Find a buddy or an Insta inspiration. Whenever I see another model training I always message them asking if I can join them. Try a new class and go for coffee after. I find this really helps me stay motivated.
3. Don’t stick to the same workout. Your body and mind will plateau and you won’t get results. Mix your classes and gym workouts up.
MV ASKS: WHAT IS YOUR EVERY-DAY WORKOUT ROUTINE?
1. Boxing is incredibly liberating. This has great cardio and will build strength. Your tummy will get seriously toned and you soon find yourself doing those long-awaited press ups and chin ups you’ve always wanted to do.
2. Barre is fantastic for lengthening those model legs and limbs. It’s great for your runway posture and your legs and abs will get great toning.
3. HIIT is great to lose a little weight. The high-intensity cardio will make you sweat and running will help you drop down to a nice weight.
4. Yoga is a nice way to stretch out those muscles now that you’ve gone hard in the above. I don’t usually have the patience for this but I give it a go. I tend to lean into Pilates more but take your pick.
MV ASKS: WHAT IS YOUR IDEAL MEAL BEFORE A WORKOUT?
You’ll find me having huge bowls of granola in the mornings before a session. If it’s in the afternoon a light snack like a muesli bar and banana get me going!
MV ASKS: WHAT EXPERIENCE WITH MV HAVE YOU LOVED THE MOST SO FAR?
I love being a part of the Model Village “Get Fired Up” fitness sessions they hold before fashion week.
I love this as it’s super social and you get to pull in a model friend for a complimentary workout. Model Village is amazing because they dress me in the best workout gear like Gymshark and who doesn’t love a cute goodie bag!? I always sign up for every class! It’s a great way to try a new gym and a new workout method!