Warm Rice & Prawn salad
Last week was a recipe for your breakfast so this week I've got your lunch sorted.
Enjoy this salad containing protein, nutritious vegetables and a low GI carbohydrate (meaning it releases energy slowing and stops blood sugars peaking then dropping therefore keeping you full all afternoon). Remember rice is gluten and wheat free for those who are intolerant as well.
Make double the amount and place in an air-tight container in the fridge for lunch the next day if you have a shoot or busy day of castings.
Servings - 1
125 g (cooked weight) rice (your choice, brown is best as it's low GI )
1/2 large courgette, chopped
125 g prawns (use cooked ones if you don't have time to cook them)
1/2 handful fresh, torn basil leaves
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp olive oil
3 handfuls salad leaves (rocket/watercress and/or spinach)
Handful of lettuce
1. If using microwaveable rice, follow instructions on the packet.
If using dry rice measure the dry rice for 1 serving and place in a saucepan with double the amount of water and a little salt and stir once.
Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer on the lowest heat possible for 10-15 mins.
2. Rinse cooked rice under cold water and drain. Then tip the rice a bowl.
4. Toss in the courgette, prawns and basil, and moisten with the lemon juice and oil and season to taste.
4. Arrange the lettuce and mix of salad leaves on your plate and drizzle with extra olive oil and lemon.
5. Then spoon the rice salad mix on top.
Enjoy your Lunch :)