Fresh summer Salmon salad
This fresh salad is filled with protein and heart-healthy omegas and can be eaten as a lunch or a quick and easy dinner.
You can store the salmon mixture in an air tight tupper-ware box in the fridge and use it for dinner - on it's own or with pasta, over some warm green vegetables, brown rice or on a piece of crusty brown bread.
Or take as a lunch with you on the go- in a sandwich or as a salad.
This recipe Makes 4 Servings
450g Salmon, skinless, fresh
Two handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
55g low fat plain Cottage Cheese
55g low fat Mayonnaise
55g 0% Greek yogurt
2 tbsp Chives, chopped
1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
1.25 tbsp Honey, divided
1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
1. Preheat oven to 275F. (Make sure it is a low temps to allow the fish to be more tender and moist).
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil and spray with low fat cooking spray and plane the salmon fillets, skin side down on it.
4. In a bowl, mix 1/2 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tbsp honey, 1 squeeze of lemon juice, dry mustard and 1 tbsp chives until well combined.
5. Brush this mixture over salmon fillets, dividing equally, and leave it for 10 min to allow the flavours to combine.
6. Bake salmon until just opaque in centre, about 15-18 mins depending on how thick your filets are.
7. Whilst it is cooking mix together another squeeze of lemon juice, cottage cheese, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, honey and remaining chives until well combined. Fold in tomatoes.
8. When salmon is cooked, cool for 10 mins and lightly break up into large chunks.
9. Delicately fold into the sauce, and make sure you don't over mix to maintain the big chunks of salmon.
You can now serve this over brown rice, a slice of crusty grilled bread or some warmed vegetables!